Thursday, May 22, 2008

Seriously!!





I finally dismantled the diaper cake today, and I took pictures so that I can try and figure out how to do it. Here are some pictures, I couldn't believe how many diapers there were! I have a whole storage tote full of Pampers! The diapers were like a cinnamon roll, with the inner circle held together with rubber bands and then the whole thing held together with inter twined zip ties, and then each level was covered with a baby blanket pinned on. There were rolled together outfits held together by rubber bands on the base and pinned on (as were the bunny animals). The top layer, the blanket was upside down so that the end pieces of the blanket was rubber banded together and stuck up to help hold the bunny cake topper and give it more depth. The base was covered with another blanket and was a heavy piece of a cardboard like piece made of plastic that was very sturdy. Andrea and I are going to try and make one tomorrow.


GREY'S

I should be a writer for Greys. Did I call it or what...Meredith and Derek back together, Cali is a lesbian, Izzy and Alex together and Jane Doe finally committed, George gets to be a resident maybe and might have a love story with Meredith's sister (what is her name), Chief back to his wife, and I bet Bailey becomes chief. I knew Christina wouldn't be gay but I LOVE the fact that the chief finally stood up for her and made Hahn look like an ass! But SERIOUSLY they only gave us 3 episodes...if Meredith and Derek break up next season I am so DONE watching the show.








3 comments:

Katy said...

Mia, those cakes are amazing! I have seen them before but I had no idea what went into creating one! Good luck making your own today! Love ya

Emma said...

I'm already done watching Gray's. I didn't even miss not watching it this week. I'm so discusted with the writing!! NEW SHOW PLEASE! Those diaper cakes are a good idea, but I seriously doubt I could put one together lol. Make sure you put a picture up of yours! I can just see what mine would look like...

Heidi said...

hey Mia..I am sooo with you on Grey's!! now, what if something happens to Derrick on his way to meet Rose? Like a car accident or something? Ugh! Or Meredith changes her mind for the 67,521st time and leaves before he gets back!! I will be sooo pissed! And, go Christina!! It was nice to see her smilin again:) Now I can't wait for Private Practice to come back on...do you watch that?