Saturday, April 4, 2009

Things that Annoy me as a Mother

So before I had kids I didn't really realize how much certain things would bug me that didn't before. So for example, when teenage kids go into the handicap stall for no reason and I have to wait because I have my stroller with me. Or like the other day when we were at North West Trek I was changing Sage's poopy diaper when this woman was literally in my ear telling me to hurry the f--- up (and I was going really fast, Sage had 4 layers of clothes on and I was under a minute and a half) she kept getting in my ear and telling me to hurry hurry the f--- up, hurry hurry, I even offered to split the table with her. Finally I told her that unless she wanted Sage's poopy diaper smeared in her face she better back the f--- up. I mean seriously, who does that? When I got out of the restroom Jeramy could tell that something was wrong and was livid and wanted to go find the lady and fling poo...lol. Then yesterday when I was at the mall getting Sage in her car seat, getting the bags in the car, getting the stroller in the car, you know all the stuff you gotta do when you have kids, I had a guy waiting for my spot honking at me. I probably took no longer than 2 minutes to do all of these things. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS? grrr

5 comments:

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

I don't want to preach at you or anything but just to let you know that we are all sinful human beings and need Jesus to save us from ourselves. I find that, because I belong to Him, I may get really angry at someone but my conscience tells me to kill them with kindness. Sometimes causes my blood pressure to soar but that's what He wants us to do. I feel for you though Mia. I don't think I ever had anyone yelling at me to hurry up and change my kids but I've had the parking lot thing happen. So annoying.

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

One more thing Mia. Because I am a sinful person, just because my conscience might tell me to do a certain thing one way doesn't mean I always do it. I'm like the apostle Paul, What I know I should do I don't and what I know I shouldn't I do. Just wanted to clarify that. Love you.

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

What a wretched man am I.

(just wanted to finish). LOL

The McGovern Family said...

omg...i totally agree with you...some people can be so utterly annoying

Karen L. Brahs said...

Thanks for posting this, Dana! You saved me a bunch of typing! lol Like I posted on FB, Mia, the best way to handle a situation like this (even though you want to grab them by the throat and throttle them! lol), is just to smile, wave, and take what time you need. The best instruction for this is in Proverbs 25:21-22. I used to remind Uncle Steve of this one when he wanted to retaliate: "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals (of fire) on his head, and the Lord will reward you." (NIV - I like the KJ version better, but you get the point!) In other words, those who are behaving badly don't expect kindness in return, and you feel better for doing it. But, believe me, it takes practice!! LOL!! Love you guys!