Monday, April 27, 2009

Clam Digging with the Family














This last weekend we met our cousins Katy and Mike and their kids Gracie, Cole, Joey and Eli at Ocean Shores to dig for Razor Clams and we had SO much fun. Saturday Jeramy and Sage and I met our friends Joey and Michaela and their kids Ben and Annika to go a secret beach, while Katy and Mike slept in because they didn't get to the hotel until 4am on Friday. Sage was so bundled up se reminded me of the kid on a Christmas story who couldn't put his arms down...lol..This day was kind of miserable because it was really windy and I had Sage on my back so I couldn't really do anything and she was crying. Once we got our limit we went and got Katy and Mike and the kids and helped the kids dig their limits out in front of our hotel. Then we took the kids to the pool. Sage loved swimming with her Daddy and I of course loved dressing her up in her little suit with a matching clip.
The next day was beautiful. I decided to put Sage in her stroller and the 9 of us went out to get some clams. This day I actually got to get down and dirty, I got my limit and then helped Gracie get hers...it was really nice to have her there to help me pull the gun up and she plucked the clam out. Sage hung out with Eli in the strollers. All of us had so much fun together, and everyone limited each day! Then we ran into our Uncle Terry and Aunt Marie and cousins Hailey and Taylor, and then further up the beach we ran into John and Heidi and their family. What a small world!
At the end of our trip we were really sad to leave because the weather was so beautiful, but we had to take the clams to my dad to clean and keep most of them because ironically after all of that we don't really even like clams..lol...and then wash my car to get all of the sand and cheerios out.
Thanks for a great weeked Katy and Mike and kids, we had a blast!









4 comments:

Emma said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait to go clamming again. Last time we went it was so much fun. Maybe this fall we can try to come up during the season. Glad you got to see Katy and Mike and the kids! And glad Jeremy got to go :)

Heidi said...

It was great to see you guys!! Glad you found us on the beach! Sage is such a cutie, can't believe how big she's getting:)

Heidi said...

Ditto on what Em said. We should get all the cousins together for a weekend on the beach. That would be a lot of kids! lol

Katy said...

We also had so much fun! I'm so glad that we got to do that with you guys! Sage is getting so big, well not really, but she is looking older! LOL Little squirt! We were up until 12:30 this morning cleaning clams, and if I never eat one it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit! :0)