Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We are a Go for Surgery!!


Pizza Face...lol..




It is funny when you threaten to get a lawyer how fast the insurance company changed their tune. Within 15 minutes of me saying I was getting a lawyer, I got a phone call from the insurance company saying I had been approved to have my surgery! Thank God!! I started crying because that had been such a huge stress on me. But now knowing it is next Tuesday I am at peace and ready to get going and get on the mend to feeling better. My sugery is in the morning of the 18th and I will stay for 2-3 days at St Peter's hospital in Olympia, and then it is a 6-8 week recovery. I have spoken to a few people who have had the surgery and they said it was an aweful recovery, but after eveything was back to normal they were painfree and finally felt great! I am so excited to finally have hope to feeling better. Now we just have to get the house in order, pack me and Sage who is staying with my mom. I have a wonderfully supportive husband too who is an ace when it comes to taking care of his girls. Thank you to everyone who prayed for this insurance mess to resolve! Love you all!

5 comments:

Emma said...

AWESOME! So glad. I can't wait to see ya! Chad's mom said the surgery wasn't too bad when she ahd it. She said she was up and about before very long and that it wasn't terribly painful, So hopefully you get that end of the spectrum lol. I love you, and will continue to pray for your surgery and a swift recovery!!! Looking forward to seeing you!

Heidi said...

Oh what a relief!!! I'm so glad this has all worked out for you! We'll be praying surgery goes well and for a speedy recovery! We'd love to bring a dinner one night while your down and out...have Jr. give us a call!!

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Hi Mia. I am so thankful that prayer was answered. Just remember that nothing is beyond God. He knows your name, where you are and what you need and He loves you and WILL give you what He knows is best for you. I'll be praying before and on the 18th for a safe procedure and a speedy recovery and that you are back to normal and pain free soon. Love you so much.

Katy said...

I'm so glad Mia! I will continue to pray also! For a speedy quick recovery and pain free! You recovered so quickly from your c-section I bet it will be a good recovery for you! Love you and can't wait to get over there to see you guys!

Blog Administrator, Karen L. Brahs said...

I'm sure glad you're going to finally get this behind you! But, don't listen to those who are telling you it's horribly painful, Mia. I had severe endometriosis and a ovarian cyst when I had my hysterectomy. I certainly know what pain you're going through, besides having a period every 2 weeks. But the end results were great (no more periods! lolol)! Yeah, there's some pain, but nothing you can't handle and it only lasts a few days. You'll be back in business in no time! Love you! Aunt Karen